Wednesday, January 2, 2008

F"Ann"tastic visits

So I woke up today feeling reasonably ill. I don't know if it's the cold weather, the hard work, or the lingering contagion of Olympic Fever that seems to trail Mitt, but I am not feeling terrific. On any other day I would have stayed in bed. But I flew out here at my own expense and I wanted to make sure Team Mitt got my money's worth out of me. So I manned up, made a run to Walgreens with my host family, and came in.

Today was mainly a frenzy of data entry relating to precinct information across Iowa's 99 counties. We also had some visits from some VIPs. Former Senator Jim Talent (of Missouri), who said that Romney could dictate the course of U.S. politics for the next 20 or 30 years the way Reagan has done...

















And the future First Lady of the United States of America (or FLUSA), Anny Romney herself...

















Mrs. Romney is, pardon the rather unimaginative pun, "Ann"tastic. She told us she hoped that she could be as good a friend to us as we have been to her family. She was enthusiastic and kind and spoke personally to everyone here at the campaign HQ who wanted to speak with her.

However, regrettably, I didn't bring my camera today as - feeling under the weather as I have done - I didn't make a priority of bringing it. So you'll have to content yourself with these so-so pics from my cell phone. Still, quite exciting this computer magic.

No comments:

Counter

Web Counters