Sunday, March 30, 2008

Jared MouseKiller

Today I had the opportunity to exercise my ecclesiastical responsibilities as home teacher by killing a mouse that some girls found in their basement.

Of course I'm always delighted to help when I can, but I have very little experience when it comes to sending small, harmless vermin to their eternal reward.



Here's the poor, little guy. He had two paws free, you know. It looked like his back two paws were broken. Even if I were so inclined, I probably couldn't let him loose, because his death would be slow and agonizing.


Remembering the "News Radio" episode "Rat Funeral," I decided to employ a variety of tools, including a telephone book.

I wrapped the poor little guy up in some plastic bags...


...then I placed the telephone book over the bags...

...and slammed it three times with a snow shovel.

Bang. Dead mouse.

Fun way to start the morning -- and a much more exciting home teaching visit than just delivering the First Presidency message!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Yikes. I'm pretty sure I'm glad that the pictures didn't open on my computer! =) Way to be a good home teacher.

Larren Pilar Romero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren E. Romero said...

..."Thou shall not kill"...

Sorry, post got deleted beforehand.

michelangelo said...

for future mouse-killing duties, might i suggest driving over the little guy.

Cameron said...

Ahhh the sticky traps..such an odd invention. It keeps them from getting into your food and scurrying around the house but the little buggers are still alive when you find them, and you can't just bury them alive in the trash can so you feel compelled to put them out of their misery, usually in a brutal way (such as a shovel to the head). It's a conundrum to say the least. We started using them on the mission when the regular old snap traps got to be too disruptive. We had like 5-6 of them set around the apartment and when you'd hear at least half of them go off during any given night it was not only freaky but made you want to sleep somewhere else. So we got the sticky traps "or silent killers" to try to assuage our fears and disgust. Problem is you just have to kill them yourself.

Emily said...

My, oh my. I wish you were one of our home teachers.

B Dubs said...

I've got just such a varmint in my shed. Since there aren't any Colvins in my ward, I'd leave it to you and your expertise, although I've never been much of a sticky trap fan.

Counter

Web Counters