Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I, Robot

So I recently read the book "I, Robot," which thing I should have read when I was 14 methinks. It was pretty good. It's like 50 years old, but doesn't feel like cheesy, pre-"Star Trek" science fiction where robots are just there to be mindless bad guys.

The adaption a few years ago did a great job of taking the key concepts and extrapolating them into a full-length story. (The book itself is a collection of nine short stories Asimov wrote over the course of years.) Upon completion, I edited the Wikipedia page for the film to add "Similarities to the Book." I'd recommend it if you're a sci-fi fan. (The book ... or the movie ... not necessarily the Wiki page, though that's good too.)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I read that book about ten years ago and loved it. Liked the movie a lot too. I wish I was cool enough to think of something to add to Wikipedia.

Counter

Web Counters