Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cracked lists

My love of list-based entertainment is so well known that I'm not even going to bother to link to my previous post about list-based entertainment. But I will post to this hilarious list on Cracked.com that details several amusing crime-stopping anecdotes, such as this one about Elvis Presley sending Richard Nixon a request to be made a "Federal Agent at Large":


"The transcript of the letter can be found here, and reveals some interesting thinking on Elvis' part. He points out that "The drug culture, the hippie elements, the SDS, Black Panthers, etc. do not consider me as their enemy." Yes, Elvis was offering to be Richard Nixon's undercover hippie hunter.

Historians generally agree that what happened next is one of the three awesomest things to happen since God killed all the giants in the Old Testament. Nixon received Elvis' rambling, barely coherent letter that ended "I have a personal gift for you which I would like to present to you and you can accept it or I will keep it for you until you can take it." If that's the closing sentence in a letter from an ex-girlfriend, you're going to want to make sure to never see her again, ever. Proving Nixon either had a way better sense of humor, or a way bigger crush on Elvis than history gives him credit for, Nixon agreed to the meeting with Elvis."



Check it out -- brilliant.

No comments:

Counter

Web Counters